Have you tried our latest elixir? Kombucha Fire is our take on Rosemary Gladstar’s “Master Tonic,” also known as “Fire Cider,” that has been passed down for centuries. This tonic is taken to warm the body and ward off and fight upper respiratory issues including flu. Each of the 9 ingredients in Kombucha Fire has properties that enhance your body’s natural defenses.
- Horseradish: Fights congestion, aids in digestion, immune support
- Garlic: antiseptic, antibiotic properties
- Onion: congestion, antibiotic properties
- Ginger: immune support, aids in digestions, warming properties that promote good circulation
- Turmeric: anti-inflammatory properties, aids in digestion
- Jalapenos and Chiles: Warming properties
- Lemon juice: vitamin C
- Rosemary: antibacterial properties, antioxidants
- Kombucha Vinegar: a source of good bacteria, antibiotic properties
Kombucha fire is an artisan vinegar that is consumed in small (about 1oz) doses. It has a savory, smoky flavor with a spicy finish, and it's perfect for an everyday warm-up or immune booster.
I like to use Kombucha Fire and the pulp from its fermentation process (shreds of all the ingredients listed above) in guacamole. The recipe for my Kombucha Fired-Up Guacamole is as follows:
- 4 avocados
- 5 tbsp Kombucha Fire
- 5 tbsp Kombucha Fire pulp
- Juice of ¼ of a lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste (I used about 1 tsp)
In this recipe, the pulp from Panacea’s Kombucha Fire has everything you need to flavor guacamole without a processed flavor packet or chopping up all the ingredients yourself. Using Kombucha Fire in this recipe reinforces its deep earthy flavor while cutting the fattiness of the avocado to create a refreshing dip for chips, pitas, and veggies.
- Dice avocados, remove them from their peels, and place in a medium-sized bowl. I use a spoon for this part, it gets all the fruit out and you can easily scrape the peels. (The greenest part of the avocado is the creamiest and most nutritious!)
- Add the Kombucha Fire and lime juice. Mash avocados to desired consistency with a fork or mashing tool.
- Stir in salt and cumin
- Stir in tomatoes and Kombucha Fire Pulp
One of the beautiful things about using Kombucha Fire in your next batch of guacamole is that it prevents browning. If you want to take it to a party or event, you can make it in advance without risking that vibrant color.
As we continue to stock you up on Kombucha Fire, we'd love to spread the wealth of the pulp! With every pint of kombucha you buy, you can take home some leftovers and make them into your own Lively Kombucha Guacamole, salad dressing, or salad toppings.