Around this time every winter, I start yearning for the summer sun and fresh fruits and veggies. To remind myself it's not too far off, I like to make big salads loaded with tomatoes, onions, and light dressings. One of my favorite salads to make it quinoa tabbouleh, a salad that is traditionally made with bulgar wheat, tomatoes, onions, herbs, olive oil, and lemon juice.
For my version, I decided to use Kombucha Fire, olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon juice as the dressing. Kombucha Fire gives a hint of garlicky, spicy flavor to this healthy dish.
- 2 cups cooked (1 cup uncooked) quinoa
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 sprigs of mint, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp Kombucha Fire
- juice of 1 lemon
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, mint, and parsley in a medium bowl
- Pour olive oil, Kombucha Fire, and lemon juice into a jar or bottle with a lid. Shake the mixture until olive oil is blended in.
- Fold the dressing mixture into the salad. Chill for 20 minutes and serve.
This colorful salad is a perfect cure for those winter blues, and the addition of Kombucha Fire will keep you healthy year-round.